- To provide a safe and confidential setting that offers individual support
- To supplement professional counseling and/or recovery groups when needed
- To offer a listening ear from someone who cares and can offer hope
- To facilitate transformation and healing from life's hurts and struggles
About the Ministry
- First Baptist Church of Lexington Counseling Center's LIFT Ministry is a ministry providing lay counseling to individuals seeking guidance and open to a Christ-centered perspective on the issues of life.
- LIFT Ministry is supervised by Paul Bishop, Counseling and MIssion's Pastor at First Baptist Church of Lexington. He has a Master's Degree in Professional Counseling and is licensed in the state of South Carolina.
- All other LIFT partners are lay counselors and have received training in some basic helping skills and have gone through a psychological evaluation before being approved as LIFT partners.
- LIFT volunteers are not licensed professionals or ordained ministers. Our LIFT partners understand what it means to go through trials and need help. Let them help lift you up as you go through the challenges you are facing.
"He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When others are troubled we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us." 2 Corinthians 1:4
Contact Paul if you would like more information.